Saturday, May 19, 2007

A plan

Today I am going to a car dealership. My truck has been in the garage for an estimate because it broke down. The mechanic ( who went to school with my husband ) told us that the motor and transmission are junk. It is running ( just barely ) his advice was to put a thick motor oil in it and trade it in this weekend. I owe 2472.00 on the truck. It would cost about 5000.00 to fix. We dont have that kind of money. I am taking it to a drop, drag or tow special at the dealership. They will give me at least 2000 for it. Which yeah it does suck because I have already paid thousands of dollars on it and its a dead horse, but at least it will be paid off my credit will be protected and I shouldnt have to put any money down on a new vehicle. I know I am not actually getting anything for it but my headache will be gone. Actually if I get a family car my monthly payments will be lower then my truck payment is so I will be much better off as far as saving monthly income. We will also be better off as far as gas mileage. We both travel to work and spend a ridiculous amount of money on gas. My ears and eyes will be open though. I hate major purchases with a passion. I am so afraid of being screwed. They will probably think I am psycho once I ask them all the questions I am going to ask. This has been a depressing, scary week worrying about what we could do and me freaking out about protecting my credit rating. I would never get a house if I have a repo or a take back on my credit so this is really the best thing and probably only thing we can do other than buy a beater and pay on a dead horse. It just makes the most sense to me. We will see when I actually get to the dealership. I also worry because I know you arent supposed to make a large purchase right before buying a house but the red tape from the hud loan is taking time so hopefully it will bring my credit score up by the time we sign on the house loan. I hope I dont have a panic attack, I have had several this week from all of the stress. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Jason Dufair said...

Good luck, Kassie. Stress sucks. Buying cars really sucks. What happened at school?

Unknown said...

Just discovered your blog. I know you say you are 250 but my guess is you are about 37. Your favourite films give it away. Am I right?

K said...

Thanks Jason. I am the proud new owner of a Suzuki SX4. I am still dealing with the school. The fuckwads.

Snuffleupagus I am actually 31, I have an older soul I guess.