Friday, April 13, 2007

It wasnt such a bad day

So .. I made it through the day. I woke up with a cold, stuffy throat and I made it through the crappy driving around and worked from 6am until about 5pm. My son kept screaming ma ma ma ma. It made me feel nice. Oh and he is 9 months old and walking. Rather running. He fell asleep on the livingroom floor when we were playing. I put him in bed. My husband is snoring on the couch, my daughter went to visit her paternal grandmother for the night and my sister is in the kitchen reading magazines. The phone keeps ringing. I am sitting here wondering why I dont put on some comfy pajamas and go to sleep. I should I am pretty tired. I think I might take a relaxing bath while I have the chance and then get some really good sleep. The baby was restless last night and I didnt sleep very well knowing I had to be up really early to get things done around here. I need to start using the weekends to relax when I am not working. Do you ever have a hard time winding down? Most of the time I feel so rushed I just cant seem to sit still. The house always has something I need to attend to. I would love a vacation even if only for like two days. Go swimming, or sit in a hot tub, put goop on my face, walk around in slippers and a comfy tshirt. Curl up in a huge hotel bed and watch tv. Maybe drink a glass of wine and talk to my husband without interruption for an hour or so. It would be nice. It really would. Even if we could do it at home. Like actually make a plan where I dont have to clean all day, where I could paint my nails or put stuff on my face and wear a bathrobe and slippers without having to get up every 5 minutes to fix something or do something or cook something or wash something. I miss feeling silly. I feel so serious lately. I need to lighten up and de-stress.

2 comments:

Jason Dufair said...

Glad you had a better day. I think that you'll have those chillout times again. Having a 9 month old makes it nearly impossible. But you'll get there. Maybe you can just carve out an hour this weekend with your husband. Too bad I'm not closer or I'd have you send H and D to my place for an hour :-)

K said...

Awww thanks Jason. I feel like I need to spend time with them too. I feel lacking like I cant seem to distribute things even enough. I know it will get easier.