Sunday, April 15, 2007

Lost keys + freezing rain + fire

Its been snowing all day, and now we are getting a lovely mixture of rain and sleet. I can hear the balls of ice hitting the livingroom windows and on the roof. I am nervous about tomorrow and tired. I know I cant drive my piece of shit car, and that I am going to have to leave at 5am to get a ride to work on Jim's way. Daycare doesnt open until 6:00 and Jim will probably be late for the second time. He has only had the job for a week. Yay. NOT. I should be thankful that I have a job, and a ride. I know I have more than some and I should be very thankful. It is just hard to stay optimistic sometimes. I hate depending on others to bring me to work. I really should just be happy to hopefully get there safely. It just seems to stress me out. Bad weather + driving gives me a major panic attack. Its extremely inconvenient and it makes everyone in my house irritated.

Speaking of irritated Jim just headed down to the store. Kinda pissed off that he cant find his keyring.

I hate it when people lose stuff and then get totally freaked out, myself included. It stinks. It really stinks when it takes a perfectly good day and ends it with huffing and puffing and being pissed off. I feel for him I do. I have lost my mind before over losing my keys or my purse. I did it enough times to have spares, and I hook my keys to my pocketbook whenever I am not using them.

After he left I found the keys on the window sill in the livingroom. Mission accomplished.

I was just about to log off and Jims pager went off at full blast, toning so loud I am suprised the baby didnt wake up. There is a call out for a structure fire, a town over,and they are requesting a pumper and a tanker to the scene. Not a good thing after just finishing watching The World Trade Center. I am listening to hear if he is going to get back out of bed to go to it. Waiting... my heart is pounding like it always does when there is a call for a structure fire... waiting I dont hear him. I appreciate when he goes to help people and what he does but I dont sleep and I worry all night. Part of me is really selfish and doesnt like it one bit. I am glad he will be home with me and not out fighting a fire in this wintery hell.

Goodnight Moon wherever you are...

2 comments:

karrie said...

Have you guys thought about trading both cars in and buying a family vehicle, like a minivan or small wagon? Something dependable and good on gas.

K said...

I have thought about that alot. I only have 6 more months of paying for the truck. We desperately need a family vehicle. Fortunately I was really good when I bought my car, I was single then and I put down my entire tax refund that year and managed to get a payment of a little more than $100 bucks a month so I paid it off in 2 years by paying my payments and using every spare money I had. Unfortunately it was hit on the passenger side when I was working in the ER and the people took off. I had a $1000 deductible. It doesnt look it but the damage was over $2000 to fix. So I never had it fixed because it was cosmetic. I wouldnt even get $500 for it probably. Especially now that the transmission is going. I love the car but I really wish I hadnt bought it. Back then I worked where I lived and could walk. I didnt need a winter car. I should have thought ahead. I have grown up alot since then. I think for now we have to grin and bear it. I have my eyes out for a used family vehicle. Sometimes at work people put them in the employee newsletter. I would be happy with a little toyota or something that doesnt take $100 dollars to fill.